LG G2 confirmed to arrive on Three and O2 in the UK

Following the formal reveal of the LG G2 yesterday, UK network Three was quick to report its plan to offer the handset “soon,” so we thought we’d follow up with all the other major providers to see where else you’ll eventually be able to find one….


Facebook Home Hits The Rocks In Europe, With UK And France Launch Of HTC First Delayed Indefinitely

smudged fb home pageMore signs today the HTC First might also be the last smartphone to ship with Facebook Home pre-installed: UK carrier EE confirmed today that the first Facebook Home phone won’t be launching in the UK soon as planned, as Facebook has decided to concentrate its efforts on making improvements to the Home software before looking to add international markets. EE says it will soon be contacting customers who already used its pre-order system to express interest in the First to let them know about the delay, which is indefinite in length.


HTC First coming to Orange and EE in Europe

The HTC First might be launching on AT&T, but that doesn’t mean this built-for-Facebook device is going to be limited to the US: we just learned it will eventually arrive in Europe too, on Orange and the UK’s EE network. Unfortunately, whereas AT…


Orange Throws Its Weight Behind Tizen OS, With Phones Launching In France In Q3 — Other Markets In 2014

tizen association boardAll the mobile OS underdogs are coming out to play at this year’s Mobile World Congress, rushing in to fill the void left by Google’s lack of any Android marketing mania. Now it’s Tizen’s turn. At an event in Barcelona this evening Samsung-backed Tizen has officially launched Tizen 2.0, according to Engadget, showing off a developer handset running version 2.0 of the platform.


France Telecom-Orange will release Tizen 2.0 devices from Samsung and Huawei this year

Tizen’s holding a posh little shindig here at Mobile World Congress to officially launch the Tizen 2.0 OS, which was recently released to developers (but not on phones you can actually buy). In addition to showcasing the operating system, which we ju…


Orange Acquired Dailymotion For $168 Million By Buying Out Remaining 51% Stake [Update: Orange Confirms]

logo-DailymotionBack in January 2011, Orange acquired 49 percent of Dailymotion for $78 million (€59 million), and declared that they wanted to buy out the remaining 51 percent. But Dailymotion had to wait two years before further talks. By spending $80.6 million (€61 million) for the remaining stake, Orange acquired 100 percent of Dailymotion for $168 million (€127 million).


Orange Ramps Up Own-Brand Range With 3 More Android Handsets, And Its First LTE Device, Has Sights On Windows Phone

Orange LumoPerhaps aware of the tsunami of news that will hit during Mobile World Congress, we are seeing an increasing amount of news releases coming out before the actual event. France Telecom/Orange has already told us about one device — an Android smartphone with Fujitsu aimed at the senior market — and now it is following that up with three more, own-branded, Android handsets aimed squarely at the middle market of smartphone users. The Lumo is the carrier’s first own-branded LTE device; the Nivo is a device aimed at the budget segment; and the San Remo is a large-screened 4.7″ device with a brushed-metal casing. All will be out in selected markets in the first half of this year.


Fujitsu Finally Enters Europe’s Smartphone Market With A Senior-Focused Android Device With France Telecom, Starting In June

STYLISTIC_S01_front_FRIt was exactly a year ago that news began to surface of Fujitsu’s intention to come to Europe with its Android-based smartphones. Now the Japanese company is finally coming good on those reports: on Tuesday, Fujitsu is launching its first device in Europe, marking its first “extensive foray into the smartphone market outside Japan.”