Well after the election, the Web continues to be a force to rally activists, including a new effort to fight bans on gay marriage.
Citrix Systems bought Vapps, which makes high-definition conference-call equipment, for $26.6 million in cash.
While the appetite for video games remains strong, consumers appear to be exhibiting some price awareness.
Warner Brothers will now release movies in Korea over the Internet before the DVD comes out.
Google changed nothing about how it handles the data it collects when it introduced its new flu-tracking service.
Stephen, while Connecticut failed at the specific aspect of democracy you mention, it sure beat California at common sense, decency and tolerance. You have just cheered for an unfortunate manifestation of a weakness of democracy, namely the tyranny of the majority.
By this logic, if 80% of the electorate voted for kicking the other 20% in the nuts we should be happy that democratic values are upheld. So I am inclined to believe that your and others’ problem is not that the Connecticut decision was made by 8 judges, but rather the decision itself.
I have read plenty of argumented pro gay-marriage posts in the blogospehere, but nothing similar from the opposing side. Stephen or anyone care to write one up and explain what are the benefits in this case of making other people feel miserable 🙂 ? I am truly interested in plausible arguments convincingly written up in one’s own words and not just in links to websites.
Facebook is experimenting with small ads that build on the site’s conventions, such as virtual gift-giving and the news feed.
If you’ve ever sold something on eBay, you may have been pleased to receive positive feedback from the buyer. Multiply that by a million, and you can imagine how Jack Sheng feels.