Fantastical 2 for the iPhone and the iPad were today updated to version 2.1, adding several new features to both mobile apps including a new Snooze feature, event invitation notifications, birthday notifications, and more.
The biggest new feature, Snooze, allows users push back notification times for calendar events or reminders using either preset times or custom set durations, a useful function when a notification pops up and needs to be paused until a later time.
Along with Snooze, the 2.1 update adds notifications for upcoming birthdays and event invitations, plus it’s possible to search for and add contacts and locations when creating new events. There are also new keyboard shortcuts enabled when using an external keyboard and several little tweaks have been added, such as improved calendar colors for the week view and an improved appearance for events that span multiple days. A complete list of changes can be found below:
- Snooze! Open a Fantastical event or reminder notification to see snooze options
– Search and add contacts or locations when creating a new event (tap the arrow in the location field)
– New event invitation notifications and app icon badge option
– Upcoming birthday notifications
– Setting to hide the event details location map
– Event preview when duplicating and moving items
– Keyboard shortcuts when using an external keyboard (open Settings > Help > Tips and Tricks for more info)
– Improved calendar colors in the week view
– Improved appearance for timed events that span multiple days in the week view
– Various fixes and improvements
To celebrate its 2.1 update, the Fantastical apps have been significantly discounted, dropping prices by up to 50 percent.