[MobilePRwire] – The new version of the Elecont Weather 4.0.1 for Android is now available in the marketplace. With new update, Elecont Weather becomes the first App in the world with US Radar Widget, Weather Map Widget and Earthquakes Map Widget.
Elecont Weather is the most informative Android application about the environment: Current weather and weather forecasts from different weather providers, NOAA weather alerts, latest earthquakes, live radar, geomagnetic storm forecast, pressure change indicator and moon and sun calendar, METAR
Elecont Weather is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, have a farm, private home or weather-sensitivity etc.
The NOAA Doppler radar (NEXRAD) map shows rain, snow and hail movement on Google Maps around your location in real time which updates every 10 minutes. The Doppler radar is available only for USA (except Alaska and islands). Radar widgets based on OpenStreetMaps.
Elecont Weather is an easy to use, handy assistant for staying informed about changing weather conditions.
Elecont Weather has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes.
Elecont Weather provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding: magnitude, time and distance from your location. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location.
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out
The new version adds:
– Radar shows snow and ice as a different color than rain. Snow is shown in blue. Rain is shown in green.
– Weather map with temperature and precipitation
– Weather map widget;
– 2 world-known weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider;
– 130,000 locations all over the world;
– 17 original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1×1, 2×2, 1×4, 4×1, 4×2, 3×3, 4×4 etc);
– 10 day forecast;
– 10 notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc;
– Animated Doppler NEXRAD radar on Google maps for USA except Alaska and islands;
– NOAA (NEXRAD) radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only);
– Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap;
– Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) for USA;
– Black ice and freeze warnings;
– 100 latest earthquakes in the world on Google map;
– Barometer with headache indicator;
– Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times;
– Sunrise and sunset times;
– Weather map with temperature and precipitation;
– Geomagnetic storm forecast;
– 24 hour by hour forecast;
– Current weather conditions;
– Only uses 8 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update;
– World clock;
– METAR from weather station (except Foreca);
– UV index;
– Precipitation probability;
– Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snow fall amount;
– Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination);
– Full tablet support;
– Send weather forecast, weather alerts, Earthquakes by e-mail.
Elecont Weather available on: Android Market, Amazon app store, AndroidPit.de, Mobihand.com, Allsoft.ru, Softkey.ru, Handnsoft (Korean), Pdassi.de
Free 3-day trial version available on Elecont.com: http://www.elecont.com/Pocket/ElecontWeatherClock.apk
Elecont Ltd, Russia
Mobile software development since 2007.